26 lbs so far

When I say take your temperature to monitor over training, it can only be based off your waking body temp. So literaylly the second you open your eyes in the monring, take your temp before even getting out of bed. It should be within range.. if its lower, your probably over training and brinigng your thyroid levels down. Take it every week.. if you see a downward trend, your probably over training.
Damn! Ok then now I know more new stuff!

Thanks Bro!

Thanks Bro!

Ideally, anyone should get a baseline of their waking temperatures BEFORE starting any diet. Lets say you take your temp 10 days in a row and the highest was 98.8 and the lowest was 98.4 and the average was 98.6.... then you'd know something was up if during your diet you start falling below your lows/average. usually it means over training or cutting too many cals.

Thanks Bro!

not exactly my area of expertise but if you are gonna take temp anyways there I believe that other relevant info can be gotten from temp readings as well. In addition to what @animal-inside says I think you can learn things about overall thyroid function as well as cortisol function too.

You'd have to look up the protocols sorry, can't remember

not exactly my area of expertise but if you are gonna take temp anyways there I believe that other relevant info can be gotten from temp readings as well. In addition to what @animal-inside says I think you can learn things about overall thyroid function as well as cortisol function too.

You'd have to look up the protocols sorry, can't remember

I'm going have to buy a thermometer!

Good morning! I wanted to give one of my promised updates:

I took out the fat calipers yesterday and with the help of my son, the chart, calipers and measuring tape provided in the kit( thanks amazon).

I am sitting right at 12% BF.

Coach/mentor best friend found the number astounding and gave me a day off to not count calories!
Yeehaw!

1 Ridiculous Hero Sandwich, 1 pint so Delicious Cashew based Carmel Cluster Ice Cream, 3 movies and bag of Organic Popcorn later...
OUT COLD 10 hours.

By my calculations I will be 139.2 lbs when I hit 8%.

A side note:
I was out at a friends to smoke an El Rey Del Mundo Reggio he had saved for me I brought Hoyo San Juans.
His wife was astounded at the changes in my body and thought I had in fact gotten much bigger. Despite being much thinner. Were excited to hear I was being urged to compete and would love to be there if I did.

Grandpa

Good morning! I wanted to give one of my promised updates:

I took out the fat calipers yesterday and with the help of my son, the chart, calipers and measuring tape provided in the kit( thanks amazon).

I am sitting right at 12% BF.

Coach/mentor best friend found the number astounding and gave me a day off to not count calories!
Yeehaw!

1 Ridiculous Hero Sandwich, 1 pint so Delicious Cashew based Carmel Cluster Ice Cream, 3 movies and bag of Organic Popcorn later...
OUT COLD 10 hours.

By my calculations I will be 139.2 lbs when I hit 8%.

A side note:
I was out at a friends to smoke an El Rey Del Mundo Reggio he had saved for me I brought Hoyo San Juans.
His wife was astounded at the changes in my body and thought I had in fact gotten much bigger. Despite being much thinner. Were excited to hear I was being urged to compete and would love to be there if I did.

Grandpa

Yeah, I’d like to try competing, but I keep thinking I’d be too small.
I’m same height as you.
That is why I asked, because I understand how you look at the weight you say.

Wait till you get under 10%. As you pull your pants on, your abs flex and look wicked.
I’d be banging my wife and see myself in the mirror and saw the veins in my abs and was like, yeah, fuck I look wicked, lol.
I have one ab right now, lol.

Yeah, I’d like to try competing, but I keep thinking I’d be too small.
I’m same height as you.
That is why I asked, because I understand how you look at the weight you say.

Wait till you get under 10%. As you pull your pants on, your abs flex and look wicked.
I’d be banging my wife and see myself in the mirror and saw the veins in my abs and was like, yeah, fuck I look wicked, lol.
I have one ab right now, lol.

Hey Sorbate:

I have the same feelings sometimes. I have been watching alot of old training videos from guys I emulated in my early training. They really lite me up!!I have been watching videos of competitions with guys I would compete against in my own category.

We have to start somewhere. We have alot of supporters.

Win or not the experience would be incredible.

Grandpa

Quick Friday update...I've lost another 2 lbs and have hit 143. My strength has not all diminished.
I'm wearing a size 30 jean. It has become obvious I would compete as a bantam weight first time out. That is unless the growth fairy drops by this winter! (No no dress up jokes or anything about Peter Pan getaway boots you pricks!)
I joined the Canadian Physique Alliance yesterday to at least try to learn the culture.
I'm admittedly anxious to do my body fat content again. Working OT this weekend, training tonight then in the morning before I head in to work.

Cheers!

Nice results sir ! I hope to be able to still train and be healthy like you when i have your age. I was born in 95 lol.

Monday update:

Slept like a baby all weekend! Morning waking temp is normal. I feel great!
I have a gut feeling I have plateaued. No evidence just a gut feeling. We are changing a few things after discussing same with my mentor. My son and ! are going to 5x20 reps from 3x30 reps and stretching 1 hr to cardio to 6 days and seven when energy permits. I would rather train more than eat less! However, if a calorie cut is necessary it will happen.

Grandpa

Another Friday update:

I am down 1 more pound 143. I am noticeably drier and more defined particularly around my obliques and abs. I am feeling great. I have a lot of energy and am sleeping well.

Progress has definitely slowed as I get under 12% moving towards under 10%.

Like I have posted elsewhere I am using peptides. In my case at least they are doing all that is advertised or theorized. After 8 weeks I am amazed at some changes. Mental clarity, better sleep, softer skin. I handle stress much easier.

I go to massage therapy every few weeks and have had the same therapist for quite some time. She commented yesterday about how much thicker my back is and how much less fat I have. Back and rear delts have been a primary focus my last 6 weeks. She last saw me 3 weeks ago.

I've missed a few workouts (although few). I have a few distractions. I've been working 6 days a week and will till the end of August. Getting my SUV upgraded, buying and testing gear etc. I am preparing for a 2 week fishing trip to Northern BC.

At this point even though my progress has slowed. I am certain I will hit my goals. Life on life's terms as we say.

Cheers!

Grandpa

Weekly update:

I am down 2 lbs.
It is getting to a point where my weight is less important and how hard I look and how I feel is important.
Adding T3.
I have increased Clen to 100 mcg daily.
I look very lean but not shrunken and my strength has not diminished.
Looking forward to cheat day this weekend.
I have upped cardio to 6 days from 5.
Despite wearing baggy stuff at the gym a lot of folks have noticed my changes and are very complimentary.
I have a great deal of confidence in the program and have no intention of veering or straying from it.

Otherwise that that I feel great! I sleep great and seem fine. My doctor is happy with me.

No changes to meal plan. Drinking upwards of 6 litres of water a day. Peeing like there is no tomorrow!!!!

Its 2 weeks until I go away on the one of the best fishing trips I could have with my son.

I will continue the meals and all other protocols while away.

Like I have said this is over when I hit the 8-9% numbers.

Grandpa

Damn good progress, Congrats. I really appreciate you measuring progress based on how you feel vs all the measurement stuff at this point as you will eventually pass your optimal weight and start feeling not as good, that has been my experience getting in the sub 10% body fat range. If you start to feel like shit as you get to the below 10% body fat level will you stabilize above sub 10% and stay feeling great or sacrifice feeling great to get sub 10%. I guess that is a decision you will have to make. I went for sub 10% as I was competing at the time, as I lost more weight my 'feeling better' went down hill. After the competition I bounced back up and felt a lot better. Something to ponder... as you get closer and closer to that really lean BF% if your not competing ... take the time to let your body accommodate to the lower level rather than sacrificing feeling physically and mentally well. Just my opinion. Your progress has been fantastic ...keep it up. One question...I have never used peptides much ... can't remember what you said you were using in this regard I know you did mention some in your first post ... Could you give me a recap of what peptides you have been using and any changes you have made over time? thanks PG

Hey pg!

Your input is most welcome and highly valued. I do plan to compete in 2021. Hopefully in March. Thanks for following my progress I really appreciate feed back.

This is really only my second cycle and truly I just have to go by feel. I'm glad you agree.

If I get OCD about numbers I'll go sideways for sure. its just how my brain works. I simply cannot afford to obsess on things. I have to do my best. Be honest and leave the results to the gods.

I agree with what you are saying about coasting to see if my body likes the low bf or not. I hope when I get to the magic number to take 6-8 weeks minimum on TRT to stabilize.

I want to stick to peptides, DHEA, and Test maybe T3.

The goal is to pack on at least some muscle before I take a shot at competing. However, it is not as important as just being ready to give it a shot.

I am still so novice it seems crazy to me. I'm in my 60's trained heavy all my life. This all so new. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

I am really having alot of fun and my son is turning into my best buddy very quickly.

Cheers!

Grandpa

Damn good progress, Congrats. I really appreciate you measuring progress based on how you feel vs all the measurement stuff at this point as you will eventually pass your optimal weight and start feeling not as good, that has been my experience getting in the sub 10% body fat range. If you start to feel like shit as you get to the below 10% body fat level will you stabilize above sub 10% and stay feeling great or sacrifice feeling great to get sub 10%. I guess that is a decision you will have to make. I went for sub 10% as I was competing at the time, as I lost more weight my 'feeling better' went down hill. After the competition I bounced back up and felt a lot better. Something to ponder... as you get closer and closer to that really lean BF% if your not competing ... take the time to let your body accommodate to the lower level rather than sacrificing feeling physically and mentally well. Just my opinion. Your progress has been fantastic ...keep it up. One question...I have never used peptides much ... can't remember what you said you were using in this regard I know you did mention some in your first post ... Could you give me a recap of what peptides you have been using and any changes you have made over time? thanks PG
I feel better at 12% than 8-9, but fuck I like looking at myself in a mirror more at lower bodyfat.
I miss pulling up my pants and seeing my abs flex just a bit and be defined with veins, lol.

Oh it was a grind. But so worth it.