200mg/ML per week

Muncher

So I’ve been on TRT consistently since September 2020. From what I’ve been reading here I’m on more of a small cycle then TRT 😀

I get my injections done at the pharmacy and take Delatestryl at 200mg/1ML once a week. It varied a few different times because of shortages of the product but for the most part it’s been the above

My blood work usually had me in the 20’s nmol/L but my second last result had me at 77 nmol/L. The guide they use for test (8.0 - 35.0) considered in the average range

So my first question is where did the spike come from? I m wondering if it’s caused by the injection point. I had my injections in my rear for the first year. I noticed they used the same size needle length and gauge in my delt (current injection point) as they did in my rear. And depending on the pharmacist who did the shot it varied a fair amount of the location. One guy was pretty much dabbing me in the hip

My other question should I be worried about this dose over a long period of time or be taking something with it to minimize risks or maximize results

Thanks

This is purely my monkey meathead thought process but ive always felt the gear better when most of my injections are in the delts.
Say i want to take some test susp pre workout. Im sure as fuck not going to inject in the glutes.
Now saying that, i dont think it matters in the long run for size

OP
I’ve been advised by my doc that the timing of your injection vs when you get blood work done may alter levels hence the spike in your results. I’ve been advised to wait at least 4-5 days post injection for bloodwork draw.
If you want to keep your dose at 200 mg/ml or higher, I wouldn't get bloods drawn until the day before you inject, or the morning before you inject so it is at the lowest.
Day 4 will have you in the upper end still.

If you want to keep your dose at 200 mg/ml or higher, I wouldn't get bloods drawn until the day before you inject, or the morning before you inject so it is at the lowest.
Day 4 will have you in the upper end still.
I’ve been consistently about day 5-6 and my bloods have been consistent.

I’m sitting at the 200mg/week dose also. Seems high for TRT but the bloods don’t lie.

Yeah I agree with you.
I have been fine this far but I’m interested to see what that looks like down the road

Day 4 will have you in the u

This is what I did with my most recent blood work. I went on the 7th day before my TRT injection. It was after a night shift as well. I came in at 25.8 nmol/L

My Doctor was content with that and chalked up the 77 as an anomaly

200 mg a week is fine.

Did you change the time when you gave blood. Lets say went in 3 days after your injection where before you went in the monrning before your injection. It would make a difference.

Okay thanks. Yes I definitely did. With my peak results I believe it was 2 days after my injection. It might of been even 1 day I don’t 100% recall but I was surprised because I thought it took longer for the test to impact my blood work
I would be surprised if you can stay at 200mg for years without starting to have to control estrogen

Would it hurt to start taking something now to control it even if it’s not an issue?

This is what I did with my most recent blood work. I went on the 7th day before my TRT injection. It was after a night shift as well. I came in at 25.8 nmol/L

Okay thanks. Yes I definitely did. With my peak results I believe it was 2 days after my injection. It might of been even 1 day I don’t 100% recall but I was surprised because I thought it took longer for the test to impact my blood work

Would it hurt to start taking something now to control it even if it’s not an issue?
No i wouldn't take anything if you dont need it

I would wait on the estrogen until you notice sides.
like your penis isn’t working the best or you feel like crying while watching tv. Then take 1/2 mg of Adex.

After looking
I would wait on the estrogen until you notice sides.
like your penis isn’t working the best or you feel like crying while watching tv. Then take 1/2 mg of Adex.

Well my penis works I just don’t use it much 😅 After looking into the sides a little more I seen insomnia was one. I’ve been having issues sleeping for over a year now. I typically can fall asleep but I wake every hour doesn’t matter if I just came off a night shift or not

I always just assumed if I didn’t have an ED issues or swollen chest/breast I was good

Sleep issues
Irritable - I assumed that was from the test
No desire to have sex but it does work
Always tired the last few months

Not sure when they do blood work they check your estrogen levels

After looking

Well my penis works I just don’t use it much 😅 After looking into the sides a little more I seen insomnia was one. I’ve been having issues sleeping for over a year now. I typically can fall asleep but I wake every hour doesn’t matter if I just came off a night shift or not

I always just assumed if I didn’t have an ED issues or swollen chest/breast I was good

Sleep issues
Irritable - I assumed that was from the test
No desire to have sex but it does work
Always tired the last few months

Not sure when they do blood work they check your estrogen levels
Well you can experiment on yourself. Worst thing is you crash your estrogen and feel like shit (achy joints, like you have the flu) for a few days. You won’t kill yourself.
I would try 1/2 mg of adex and see what happens.
You know you could be converting a bunch of test to estrogen and that could be partly the low numbers as well.

So take 1/2 mg adex, wait a week take another 1/2 mg and see if you feel better, same or worse. I like adex because it works quicker.

Last edited:
A few things that helped lower my estrogen on TRT is dividing the dose over 3 shots each week not 1 and loosing fat.

Insist that you can do your shots yourself and its no longer convient for you to go to the phamaracy.. Then divide them over 3 (m, w, f)

not sure what shape your in, but if your carrying lots of belly fat you should get rid of it..

I didn't even know getting your shots done at the pharmacy was a thing? I've been prescribed trt since my late 20s and one of the first things my endo said to me was I hope you're comfortable giving yourself injections cause you're stuck on this for life now.

Currently on 175mg trt and I split mon/ thurs, have always kept body fat under 15% with a controlled diet, never had an issue with e2. Also eat your Cruciferous vegetables for natural Dim 😊

I m not comfortable doing it myself. I did it years ago and had a muscle spasm in my quad during injection and it was not enjoyable. Then I had anxiety every time afterwards 😅 Stopped taking it for a few years until I started getting it done at the pharmacy

I don’t have much. A little layer of fat

Thanks for the suggestions

I m not comfortable doing it myself. I did it years ago and had a muscle spasm in my quad during injection and it was not enjoyable. Then I had anxiety every time afterwards 😅 Stopped taking it for a few years until I started getting it done at the pharmacy

I don’t have much. A little layer of fat

Thanks for the suggestions

inject in your subq belly fat then.. no chance of hitting a nerve and its literally painless

I didn't even know getting your shots done at the pharmacy was a thing? I've been prescribed trt since my late 20s and one of the first things my endo said to me was I hope you're comfortable giving yourself injections cause you're stuck on this for life now.

Currently on 175mg trt and I split mon/ thurs, have always kept body fat under 15% with a controlled diet, never had an issue with e2. Also eat your Cruciferous vegetables for natural Dim 😊
With the twice a week split what day do you get your
Blood work and what does your lab work come out at?

Reason I ask is I just got bumped to 180mg split twice

With the twice a week split what day do you get your
Blood work and what does your lab work come out at?

Reason I ask is I just got bumped to 180mg split twice
My script is once per week, I just do twice for blood stability. When it comes time for annual blood work about a month out I go back to once per week then draw blood on day 6 or so and it puts me higher mid range. Long as it falls in range my endo never says anything. And if it doesn't I'd just say I forgot to wait and retest, he is pretty chill.

Blood work is easy to manipulate

A few things that helped lower my estrogen on TRT is dividing the dose over 3 shots each week not 1 and loosing fat.

Insist that you can do your shots yourself and its no longer convient for you to go to the phamaracy.. Then divide them over 3 (m, w, f)

not sure what shape your in, but if your carrying lots of belly fat you should get rid of it..
My newest prescription is .30/3x week. My estrogen levels were coming up so that’s what was recommended to me.