1” x 25G vs 5/8” x 25G... will they both work?

OldAndStrong

Trusted Member
My Pharacist wants to swap out my 1” needles to 5/8”... can you see any problem?

I’m pretty lean and pin thighs, glutes and shoulders

5/8th wouldn’t be deep enough for inter muscular injects in glutes.
Realistically, although it goes against the steroid thought process, if it is for trt application, you are putting in like half a ml of oil, it’s prob ok for trt.

Although absorption is different sub q, for trt purposes only in small quantities of oil, it’s not unheard of.

That being said, for any ..extra curricular injects of other compounds shall we say or larger quantities of oil, you should go deeper into the muscle then 5/8.
for glutes I do 1.5 , although depending on the amount of beef in the backside, 1 inch is prob fine for glutes.

The size of needle is not uo to your pharmacist and if not in stock he should be able to order what you want. He can advise you whatever he wants, but if you prefer the longer pin, that is your decision not his :)

Yes. I've used 5/8 in pecs, delts, gluten and thighs. I even go as low as using a 27g needle. When you pin a lot, it really makes a difference using smaller gage pins. I find there to be less scar tissue in my spot rotation as a whole.

Realistically, although it goes against the steroid thought process, if it is for trt application, you are putting in like half a ml of oil, it’s prob ok for trt.

Although absorption is different sub q, for trt purposes only in small quantities of oil, it’s not unheard of.

That being said, for any ..extra curricular injects of other compounds shall we say or larger quantities of oil, you should go deeper into the muscle then 5/8.
for glutes I do 1.5 , although depending on the amount of beef in the backside, 1 inch is prob fine for glutes.

The size of needle is not uo to your pharmacist and if not in stock he should be able to order what you want. He can advise you whatever he wants, but if you prefer the longer pin, that is your decision not his :)
Makes sense... thanks @King56

Yes. I've used 5/8 in pecs, delts, gluten and thighs. I even go as low as using a 27g needle. When you pin a lot, it really makes a difference using smaller gage pins. I find there to be less scar tissue in my spot rotation as a whole.
Ive thought of 27G... I’ll buy a few,and give,then a try @DeezNutz

I’ll ask my pharmacist to get 25G x 1” where needed...thanks @King56

I have a hard time with the smaller gage. I find it takes too long then I’m moving around more probably causing more damage then I would with a bigger gage so I usually use a 23g 1” everywhere except glutes. With trt doesn’t really matter but when injecting 2-3ml 23g is best for me.

Also I’m not sure if every city has this or not but I recently discovered that if you just take a drive to your city’s dt area there is a place where they give out pins for free. I literally walked out with a shopping bag of boxes of pins every size I wanted! Best part is we all have to wear masks so nobody will recognize you going in there! Lol

I agree on the 5/8's ... but when I use anything over a 23g I am plunging so hard my whole hand and arm hurts just to get 1 cc in. I am a slow screw the needle in type so lower gauges really don't bother me so much.

I had a pharmacist give me a hard time about buying needles after that I bought them on line 100 at a time ... a lot easier.

I had a pharmacist give me a hard time about buying needles after that I bought them on line 100 at a time ... a lot easier.
I found every shoppers drugstore I went to in my area was like that. I’m getting boxes 100 at a time free now that I figured out the spot down town. Only a 10-15 min drive for me from work so no big deal

I have a hard time with the smaller gage. I find it takes too long then I’m moving around more probably causing more damage then I would with a bigger gage so I usually use a 23g 1” everywhere except glutes. With trt doesn’t really matter but when injecting 2-3ml 23g is best for me.

I've been bouncing between 27 and 25 guage for IM for a while now, and 1ml syringe and 3ml syringe. I'm new to this so I'm just trying diff stuff to get my personal choice.

I tell you - I want to like the 27, I try to, but after a couple of them I go back to 25 and it's like.. that's better. Same with the 3ml vs 1ml. The 1ml to me just seems more accurate or efficient? Less clunky? Now each of these are different brands (Terumo and Easy Touch being the 2 better, to my taste.), so that may play a part, maybe, but I think I may end up settling in for long term with:

1" 25 for thighs, glutes, ventro glutes, and 5/8' 25 for shoulders. Maybe even trying 5/8 25g for ventro and thighs. (I'm pretty lean, so far haha)

I wanna like the 27g. But the 25 and 1ml just feel better to me. Maybe its cuz my first like 10 injects ever were with those. So I'm subconsciously comfortable with them?

Anyway, that's my rambling lol.

I find when I buy insulin needles by the case, the girls at the counter get confused, like I don’t look sick, why do I need them.
So what I do now, is bring in a empty bag, so they can read what it says and I just say, whole case please.

One time at another pharmacy they were really looking at me funny, I just told them I was on hormone replacement therapy. Problem solved after that.